If you don’t have (or don’t want to use) a Hotmail or Live account and you want to use MSN Messenger follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the Windows Live ID page.
- Under the Sign up today header and subsection“Use an e-mail address you already have” section, click the Get started now link (it should be the second one).
- Enter your personal details.
- Click next, type in you email again and click accept.
- You should now have an email on the inbox of your email account to validation the account.
- Use the email address and specified password from step 3 to authenticate into MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger (as it is called these days).